j4s Clan Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
j4s Clan Forums

j4s clan no1 sk8 crew forums

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

server making

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
mclars

server making Empty
PostSubject: server making   server making Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 8:46 am

hi i would like to know how to make servers on my thps3 Question ive tried lots if things but it doesn't work so i thought scratch you might tell me how to, thank you. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sp!te
Admin
Admin
Sp!te

server making Empty
PostSubject: Re: server making   server making Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 1:01 am

ok i didnt make this guide but read this and i hope it helps Razz

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How to Host With a Router

By: Crazy9000

Alright this is a bit confusing to try to read carefully.

NOTE: In my experience, some Cable modems don’t have a configuration screen, and don’t have any sort of firewall, so you do not need to forward ports. If you can plug straight into your modem and host, this is probably the kind you have. You get to just do the parts that involve the router. You might as well read the whole guide because you do almost the same thing for both, but just remember not to stress out because you can’t get to your modems config.

This is for people who have a DSL or Cable modem and also have a router, but want to open ports so you can host.

First what you need to do is find out the IP address of your modem. This is most likely to be 192.168.0.1 or 10.0.0.1; you might want to look it up in your manual or on the internet. I have always found what I need quickly by just searching the model of your modem, which can be found on the modem, then putting “config” after it. For example, I would search “Actiontec R1524SU config” in Google, and I get a page telling me how to get to the configuration screen.

Now you need to also do the same for your router. Make sure you write both numbers down so you don’t forget them.

Okay now you will want to open up Internet Explorer, or whatever Internet Browser you feel like using. Type the address (In my case this is 192.168.0.1) into the address bar. Now you will be at the setup screen of your modem. Now find the port forwarding option, usually under advanced.

Now what you will want to do is forward the ports 5150-5151 and 6500. I do both TCP and UDP just in case. Were it asks for the IP, you don’t actually put what you looked up as the IP of your router, you put the same as your modem plus one at the end ( i.e 192.168.0.2 ; 10.0.0.2). This will forward the ports to your router, which is halfway to being done. Also on the modem and later in your router, it might be a good idea to make it the DMZ host. This option is usually near the port forward option. Note: it would be a good idea to only have the router plugged into the modem, as opposed to the router and other computers, because they will have taken the IP address. If you have to have them plugged in there instead of in the router, look up how to assign them a Static IP, and make it a larger number like 192.168.0.12

What you need next is the IP address of your specific computer. This can be found easily by going to start, run, then type cmd. This will get you to the DOS window. Just type in “ipconfig” and it will give you some numbers. The one that is labeled IP address is… surprise surprise your IP address.

Go to the setup of your router by typing in the IP address you found for its configuration in its manual or on the internet. The place that told you this probably will tell you the default password also.
Now you do the same thing as you did with your modem to forward the ports, except this time you will want to forward the ports to the IP of your computer. If you forgot, they are 5150-5151 and 6500.

NOW GO ON THPS AND HOST : )

- Crazy9000

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also if u didnt know. Click on the blue skateboard about 5 times at the top left hand corner of your thps3 screen when ur online to start a server. Thats after you have done the above first tho.

Hope this has helped you.

thanks,
king->HooD<-king
Back to top Go down
http://www.h00dclan.tk
'!'Ghost'!'
Leader
Leader
'!'Ghost'!'

server making Empty
PostSubject: Re: server making   server making Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 9:00 am

That's it lol!
shorter:
Ports: 5150 tcp and udp
5151 tcp and udp
6500 tcp and udp
albino
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

server making Empty
PostSubject: Re: server making   server making Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

server making